Clearing the air one pedalstroke at a time.

Pedaling, writing toward a better Metro area for cyclists, pedestrians, people who breathe and, by extension, drivers. This is the chronicle of the the battles that we fight, the victories.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Not as hard as you think

From the excellent BikePortland and the BTA Blog, Oregonians find it's not as hard as they thought.

With a couple nice new racks at the store, I'm seeing a few more bikes. Visiting our Cherry Creek (Denver) store, I was amazed at the number and variety of bicycles there. I saw a lot more old cruiser-type bikes. Denver may be a mile high, but the city is largely flat, it seems, from a one day visit.

I had a meeting last Thursday that required a 7:50 AM flight, which necessitated a 7:00 AM or earlier arrival at KCI. Checking into the KCATA, I found that one, it doesn't run in Firefox and secondly, I would have had to catch the bus at 4:52. My 10:30 PM return would entail a similar rignmarole, As much as I hope to save the planet, I chose to drive my soon-to-be sold truck to the airport. But it was a tough call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home