Clearing the air one pedalstroke at a time.

Pedaling, writing toward a better Metro area for cyclists, pedestrians, people who breathe and, by extension, drivers. This is the chronicle of the the battles that we fight, the victories.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Flat tires and Grocery Runs


We have a trailer and I have a Wald Giant Delivery Basket on my fixie but I was on a different bike yesterday. We were going to the River Market Art Fair so I did mount the small basket on my bike and my Carradice Bag on the back of the saddle just in case we found some worthwhile art to buy. (No need to worry about that.)

We went down to the River Market and viewed the art and ate lunch at Cafe Al Dente and headed out for Merriam via the West Bottoms. A screwdriver or prybar started our run of bad luck when Glenn picked it up and instantly got a flat tire. Repairing his tire, a couple more of our companions picked up some goatheads and metal slivers and flatted their tires.

After repairs, the afternoon was mostly gone and the heat and waiting had taken a toll so Laurie and I headed home. We needed a few things from Costco and I didn't want to go home and then leave again so we headed over there. Three pounds of cheese, a flat of figs, a three-pack of flat breads and a twenty five pound bag of cat food found its way into our baskets and home.

Also, we have sold our truck so we're definitely going "car-lite" with one car and many bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home